The clothing and textile industry in India is very prominent. Additionally, the Indian clothing market is growing rapidly. Also, the industry caters to a wide range of formal, casual, and fashion garments.
Here is a list of the Top 10 Best Clothing Brands in India:
- Peter England: Peter England is often mistaken for a foreign brand due to its name. However, it is very much Indian and a part of the Aditya Birla Group. Peter England is one of the top 5 most trusted Indian clothing brands for men. It offers a wide variety of men’s apparel including formal wear, casual and ethnic wear collection. Currently, the brand owns more than 700 exclusive outlets in over 150 major towns and cities of the country.
- Allen Solly: Allen Solly is an initiative of Madura Fashion & Lifestyle. Actually, it is a division of Aditya Birla Fashion and Lifestyle. Definitely, it is India’s largest and fastest-growing branded apparel company and a premium lifestyle player in the retail sector.The company’s brand portfolio includes product lines that range from affordable and mass-market to luxurious, high-end style. Additionally, it caters to every age group, from children and youth to men and women.
- FabIndia: FabIndia is a popular Indian clothing brand which was founded by an American! You read that right! John Bissel, who had deep love and admiration for Indian arts and crafts, started FabIndia in 1960. Initially, the brand purchased textiles and goods from local artisans and exported to other countries. The company set up its first retail store in 1976 which later expanded to 180 stores. FabIndia offers a wide range of natural and sustainable outfits like Kurtis, Skirts, Sarees, Blouses, Upholstery etc.
- Raymond: Raymondis not just India’s largest clothing brand, but also the world’s biggest exporter of suiting fabrics. Since its inception in 1925, Raymond continued its position as the undisputed leader of the Indian textile industry. The success of the company lies its continuous pursuit to envolve and keep up with the changing times. Raymond also owns sub-brands like Park Avenue, Parx, Color Plus, Raymond Fine Fabrics etc. It offers suiting, shirting, denims and custom designing.
- Mufti: Mufti is a Mumbai-based clothing brand for men founded in 1998 by Kamal Khushlani. He started the company with an aim to introduce distinctive clothing to the Indian audience. Without a doubt, he was quite successful in creating off-beat apparel and accessories line which was way different from competitor brands. With time, Mufti has become synonymous to millennial fashion which was embraced by not just teens and college-goers, but also by famed celebrities of the country.
- Indian Terrain: Indian Terrain Fashions Ltd. was founded by Mr. Venky Rajgopal in 2000 with the aim of providing men in India with premium smart-casual clothing. The brand caters to the needs of the cosmopolitan, mature and upwardly-mobile man. Indian Terrain offers a good range of premium smart-casuals, which include t-shirts, shirts, jackets, shorts, denims and sweaters. The brand is known for offering interesting prints and patterns for men and boy aged 4-16 years at affordable prices.
- Biba: Biba is a premium clothing brand for women and girls founded in 1988 by Meena Bindra. Though the brand has humble beginnings, within no time grew into one of India’s fashion giants. Biba is renowned for crafting an irresistible range of ethnic clothing like Salwar Kameez and Churidars that feature traditional Indian prints and colors.